- The article may be submitted by a promovendus or by a researcher (within 2 years from defending the Ph.D. thesis). Eligibility is not restricted to members of the Ius Commune Research School.
- The article should be within the field of the Ius Commune Research School. This implies that the submission has to deal with either comparative law or with harmonisation or unification of national legal systems in Europe.
- The article is written in the Dutch, English, German or French language. Six printed copies of the article must be submitted (not by e-mail!).
- The article is allowed to have been published elsewhere, but not before the year preceding the awarding of the Prize.
Candidates are allowed to submit only one article.
- The jury may decide to award the Prize to two or more candidates. In this case the Prize money shall be divided accordingly.
- The jury may decide not to award the Prize if they feel that no article of sufficient quality was submitted.
- The jury may decide to select other outstanding articles to be honourably mentioned.
- The jury may decide, with the authors' consent, to have the most outstanding articles published.
- Articles must be submitted before September 1, 2018. Candidates will be informed of the final decision of the jury at the following yearly Ius Commune Conference and on the Ius Commune website.
- A candidate that won the Prize in a previous year cannot participate again.
- The candidate who wins the Prize is supposed to attend the Ius Commune Conference, which will take place in Amsterdam on 29 and 30 November 2018. Travel costs and accommodation will be covered by the Ius Commune Research School.
Candidates are kindly requested to send a cover letter with their article clearly stating that the article is to be considered as a submission for the Ius Commune Prize.
Articles will not be returned. Candidates should therefore retain a copy of the original article.
Articles and enquiries should be addressed to:
Mrs. M. Mullers
Ius Commune Prize
P.O. Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Phone: +31 (0)43 388 3207